Is it about the ornaminted wood ? the fabrics ? or the over all atmosphere ?!
The image of a Paris apartment brings the thought of intrigue, romance, and European beauty to mind.
Paris decorating style ranges through many decorating periods, including baroque, rococo, and neoclassical.
Contemporary Parisian apartments incorporate art deco, Mediterranean, old world, and cabaret influences.
Maybe that gives it astonish flavor resulting of many styles and periods of design that were mixed together.
If you’re trying to bring the Paris apartment decorating style to your home, try to
incorporate some of these elements in your space:
- Black is the accent color and a unifying element in Paris rooms. Bring black into your home without making things look dark.
- use large posters of French landmarks, nightspots, and Parisian buildings.
- Large clocks are often a focal point in a Paris room. Find a reproduction clock with lettering in French or that shows a French scene.
- Don’t try to match the elements in your room. Furniture and accessories should look old and used, but not shabby.
- For light fixtures, select wall sconces with black silk shades, crystal chandeliers, and fringed lampshades on table lamps. A gold foil lining on a black lampshade will help to reflect a romantic glow.
- Round tables should have layers of skirts. Add a plush cushion to an intricately twisted iron benches. Nothing says Paris more than a little bistro table and chairs. Use a large ottoman covered in rich fabric in place of a coffee table.
- Furniture should be upholstered with beautiful fabrics, dressmaker details, and have carved legs. Cushions of down provide the slightly rumpled look of comfort and elegance.
- Wood furniture pieces of carved, dark tones or stains are often tinged with touches of gilt.
- Use large vintage mirrors, architectural elements (columns, corbels), garden statuary, black wireware, clocks, hat boxes, to accessorize a Paris style room.
- Hardwood flooring is stained dark and covered with old Oriental carpets. They add a grounding pattern, color, and age.